Hello Comic Geeks,
I hope you are doing okay.
Most of you know I have been sharing Comics for more than a decade. I used to share in social media groups during 2009, moved to Blogger in 2011 and then in 2013, I started sharing on my personal website. In early days, ComicsCodes (it was a diff. name at that time) was just a small website with decent amount of traffic but year by year, it gained popularity like crazy. I don’t know why, maybe because many other Comic sharing sites were closed. Since then, ComicsCodes always been a popular place for downloading Comics.
In early times, I used to pay server bills by referring visitors to buy Premium of file-hosts like UPLOADED and RAPIDGATOR. Since 2016, I started using high-speed file-hosts like ZIPPYSHARE, MEGA, MEDIAFIRE etc. and relied on donations to pay server bills.
Since early 2020, COVID-19 hit all of us hard and affected out lives. From last 1 year, it’s been very difficult for me to pay remaining money from my side as I am not reaching donation goals most of the time.
I really feel bad to put pop-ups and also to put pop-ups for people who have already donated (there is no option to distinguish them and disable pop-ups for them). I always wanted to share Comics freely to everyone without any restrictions. But, it is now very hard to keep ComicsCodes alive.
ComicsCodes will go ‘subscription-only’ soon and there will be a nominal charge to access it. This is something I never considered it, but it is necessary at this time.
Thank you to everyone who supported ComicsCodes all these years.
- Only your support has kept ComicsCodes alive. I try my best to provide all New Comics released every week on high-speed file-hosts like ZIPPYSHARE, MEGA, MEDIAFIRE etc. It is not a profit-making work that I do, rather it is to provide all the new comics available at the easiest for all comic lovers. Only because of donations, it has been possible to pay the bills of Servers, RDP and others.
- Please consider making a Donation. Any amount would be highly appreciated.
- Visit the link and follow the steps to donate: https://pastebin.com/JNysbiwe
- NOTE: PERSONAL PAYMENT is currently not supported in my Country. Send donation as GOODS or SERVICES.
- If any donor have any doubt, leave a comment on this Post or e-mail me at [email protected]
- All of the Comics are packed in .CBR and/or .CBZ file formats. Here are some of the Comic Reader Apps that I can recommend.
- Windows: CDisplayEx, YACReader | macOS: YACReader | Linux: YACReader | iOS & iPadOS: Panels (very beautiful 🥰) | Android: ComicRack, CDisplayEx, Astonishing Comic Reader
- To extract any compressed files, I recommend using 7-Zip.
- Want to see all Comics and Manga lists? Visit these Pages: All Comics List | All Manga List
I’m out then. But good luck, man. And thanks for everything.
I’ve been thinking about this, and the different “streaming systems” we currently enjoy and use: dc ultimate, marvel unlimited, Comixology and shonen jump to name a few. They all work from 2 to 10 dollars and nobody complains. If you are truly to do this, since as users we do not donate (crying shame you all, including me), you should start at 5, get people to get used to the idea. Like a 3 or 6 month trial. Then see how it goes.
Just my five cents.
Currently starting at $10/month. It will take 1-2 months to analysis how many people join and should I go lower or not. If enough people join, I will definitely do $5/month.
Can I pay using paysafecard?
I think paysafecard should be supported.
I’d pay! How will you let us know?
I will update via Post or Notification Bar 1-2 days before I implement subscription feature.
I know this is a tough decision. but I and several others still hope that we can still access and download comics for free. Indeed, pop ups are deemed unfair for those who donate, but I think it’s still the best option. we hope we can still get access to the latest comics from your site.
Bad choice, good luck in the future.